Sunday, May 4, 2014

Splashing some colour

Oh my how time flys...

I cant believe that my last post was so long ago...

It is a chilly day in my little neck of the woods.
A brisk breeze is coming in from the west, with much needed rain
but icy winds make for slow typing.

Only a week ago I was having a break in Sydney with the family
the sun was shining on us
and we were treking around many a tourist haunt.



The Opera House, Luna Park, The Art Gallery and Botanical Gardens.
and of course a few hours around China Town grabbing a bargain or two.



Back home though my thoughts have turned to paint,
having picked up the brush and ventured to the local art group
I have felt inspired to set about adorning my walls with some pieces
of colour.

Looking at my coop of foul feather friends the inspiration started to flow
and in a very short space of time I produced a few pieces that I was happy to hang around.

As it turns out the local art prize was taking entries and my fellow students 
motivated me to enter.

As it turns out the judge saw something he liked in my piece 
and I won the Oil and Acrylic section.

I was pretty chuffed...


So here it is for you to see.


I would like to say that I have it in me to knock out a few more
that are just as delightful but I am not counting my chickens before they hatch.

So we will just wait and see,

But in the mean time I am just content to splash paint around and have fun.






8 comments:

homemade@myplace said...

congratulations!!!!!!
xxxxxx Ale

Marie said...

I am so glad to see you again!

Mereknits said...

Oh course you won, that painting is amazing. You are so talented.
Meredith

Ingrid Orens said...

That's a beautiful painting - no wonder you won ! Congratulations !!
Ingrid

krazy knit kerena said...

Lovely photos I wish I could go to Australia, congratulations on your win the painting is great,I can't remember if you joined down the lane with the chickens etc,if you have please post your painting on there too they would love it :-)

Anonymous said...

Flipping well done - that's excellent news. I love your painting, he's got great character.

Debbie said...

Woohoo! You're back! Missed you x

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful! Talented lady.