Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sonja's African flower bag

Some time ago I had a lovely email from Sonja
who lives in The Netherlands.

As they use different weight yarn etc than what we use in Australia,
she wanted to know what would be the best to make her very own African Flower Bag.


Sonja recently sent me some lovely photos of her finished bag...



I adore the use of a beaded handle,
It clips off and it can be used as a little clutch purse.

Even though the yarn weight was different,
I think you would agree that Sonja's little bag is just granny gorgeous!!!... 



Thanks you so much Sonja for your lovely emails and great photos
that you have shared with me...


I love to see everyone's finished projects so if you have some of projects that you have made from one of my tutorials or maybe even some photos of projects like Sonja's that was inspired by something that she saw on my blog. Please feel free to email them to me and I will be happy to share.

Sonja doesn't have her own blog yet, but when she does I will be sure to add a link.

With beautiful work like this it would be wonderful to see some more adorable projects from her...




17 comments:

jabbott said...

Gosh this bag is so me.love it!

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle,
Show's how well you write your tutorials!!! Even with a different weighted yarn,the pattern still works and is not overly large or small!!!Have a happy and fun filled week!!!
Love
AMarie

HandMade byGio said...

Carinissima!!!
Giovanna

miyavkedicik said...

So so cute. I like it so so much..:))

Clare said...

wow, what a super cute bag.
Clare x
http://summerhousebythesea.blogspot.co.uk/

Cybèle said...

If Sonja is reading this: hartstikke leuke tas! :-)

Sonja said...

Thank you all for your comments, I really like to read those. It's one of my first crochet projects and now it's even on the world wide web, so I'm very proud :D.

Thank you Royal Sister ;), and also thank you Cybele for your Dutch compliment.

grl.dk said...

Wow, so beautilful bag, I like all the colours and the inside of the bag.
Well done Sonja :o)

petozi Design said...

This is a cute little Version of african flower bag.
happy crocheting!
Petra

linda said...

It's beautiful! love the beaded handles. :)

Mereknits said...

She did a great job, lovely bag.
Hugs,
Meredith

Joy said...

Sonja is to congratulated for this beautiful bag - I hope she gets busy on a blog soon, I'd love to see more of her work. Thank you so much for showing us Michelle.
Joy x

Sandy (miss Potter) said...

Wow,beautilful colour, beautiful pearl...beautuful bag :)

Sandy

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

great colors and and a beautiful finished product.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous bag! Clever lady.

Halinka said...

Piękna torebka!!! Serdecznie pozdrawiam

Unknown said...

ooo that is glorious! So gald to find you in blgworld my lovely! Full of granny goodness indeed! x